I am a huge proponent of using your home’s decor to style your wedding. Not only will it create a more authentic wedding, but using pieces of art from your home imbues them with sentiment that you can keep forever. The silhouettes used for this guest book table could easily be framed on a wall later. Similarly, the whimsical drawing in this welcoming display. In our wedding we are using our “Keep Calm and Have a Cupcake” print on our dessert table – a fun touch that made better by the fact the print is already hanging in our living room.
Below are six art prints from Etsy that would easily transition from a wedding to a home. These art prints would be great tucked behind a guest book, on the gift table, near the entrance to a reception area, on the candy bar or favors table, or even (in a smaller size!) incorporated into a centerpiece. They are all affordable, with most of them less than $25. Michael’s is a great source for either custom framing or pre-fabricated frames – and you can get an extra 40% off anytime by printing a coupon from here.
1. Hand-drawn art print, professionally printed in an array of colors by TypePosters. $15
3. theloveshop on Etsy’s Infinite Love print is Infinite Love a fabulous design featuring beautiful hand drawn typography – available in many colors, the red makes a statement! $17
2. Tessyla’s 11 x 17 print is a play on a reproduction of the popular vintage WWII poster. $28
4. This original Fifi du Vie design is burned on the silk screen using a photo emulsion process. It is then printed on 11×14 185 gsm paper, signed and numbered – each one an original piece of artwork. $25
5. GraphicAnthology will customize this 8×10 print to match your wedding colors, and each one is signed by hand. $18.
So, what do you think? Would you use actual artwork in your wedding decor?